HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - damn neighbors...
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Gonzo11
Spike

Default damn neighbors...

So last night, I'm sitting in my climber about 75 yards from a neighbors house. Its about 5:30pm, and all of the sudden, out comes the mom and her daughter (probably about 6 years old) and they start screaming at each other in the front yard. This goes on for about 15 minutes or so, and then the mom finally goes inside. The daughter is still out there finishing up her tantrum and the dog is barking like crazy. I figure I've had enough (and that any deer are long gone), so I climb down and seek out a tree deeper in the woods. I get about 50 yards or so from my stand, and find a good tree just off of a trail intersection overlooking a small valley. I walk about 10 feet past it to survey the area some, and up jumps a deer across the valley and takes off. It was heading down the trail I was sitting over!I couldn't tell if it was a buck or a doe, but I saw a big body and a white tail jumping up the hillside. So, I muttered some 4-letter words to myself and headed for my truck. If I'd have stayed put, I'd have had me a good chance. Oh well.....