HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Got me A big 8 Point! (Pic)
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 06:35 PM
Gumby

Default Got me A big 8 Point! (Pic)

Well Monday morning was slow i seen only one doe while sitting in my treestand.At 10:00 i decied to walk down the field to get a look at the far end and seciton i could see. On my way I spotted 2 deer out in the middle of this 80 acre field about 500 yards out. with the naked eye i could tell one had horns,when i shouldered by gun i could then see he was a shooter buck and he was looking right at me,but he could care less. As he he chased the doe out in circles out in the field i watched them for about 2 minutes trying to figue out a way to gain some ground on this nice buck.

Then they picked up the pace and were headed to the opisite side of the tree line and lucky to my advantage the upper fencline of this field had trees that went out to the field to provide good cover. so i began to run a little,then crawled a little then i finally closed the gap within 150yards or so. peeked over the hill and there they were got in lay down shooting position waited for a good shot and took it the bullet flew true and he went about 20 feet and he was down. this is one hunt i will always remember Thank you Lord

I got some pics but im new to computers so if there's any one i can send them too to get them posted I would really appreciate it Thanks

<center></center>

Edited by - gumby on 11/19/2002 20:58:38