HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - So why don't you guys like Mathews?
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2002, 09:50 AM
IL_BOW_MAN
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: So why don't you guys like Mathews?

I am quite proud of you Frank & Pinwheel. I sometimes miss the whole Mathews vs. Hoyt bashing threads also. But what you guys said was good information.

I shoot the SQ2 Mathews and am very happy with its performance. I have said it before and I will say it again. This is not the fastest bow in the world. My old twin cam Golden Eagle was probably faster. But I am not a speed freak when it comes to my bow. My bow is quiet, comfy and accurate. That is what I needed in my bow.

When I bought mine, I did look into the hoyts. But I didn't really like the grip or the riser. The riser is starting to grow on me, but I still don't like the grip. Just doesn't feel good to me. My dealer sold Mathews and Hoyts and he is a local guy. So I gave him my business and ran off with a Mathews.

Guys can complain all they want about the marketing of the Mathews. But if someone goes and buys a bow just because of an add they seen, they are just plain crazy. Whether it be a half page Bowtech, full page Hoyt or a 2 page spread on Mathews. That is all about catching your attention.

I don't consider myself a pro at archery in the least. But if you want an honest opinion of what to look for in a bow, here is what I got.

Shoot as many bows as possible. Different manufacturers and different lines. Go by feel of the bows, quietness and accuracy. Shoot these bows with your eyes shut so that you are concentrating on how the bow feels and not where it hits. The last thing you need is to be pulled back on that buck of a lifetime and be thinking to yourself, this bow just don't feel right...I hope it makes the shot. You have to be confident in your equipment so that you don't have to second guess it when it is on the line!!

My Web Page
www.geocities.com/hfpmad