HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - F@$%#@ Wind.
Thread: F@$%#@ Wind.
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2002, 10:18 AM
burniegoeasily
Dominant Buck

Default RE: F@$%#@ Wind.

Shaggy
I do a lot of still hunting and when the wind is not blowing I have stalked many deer successfully. I know where most of the deer on my land bed, but for some strange reason all the deer disappear when the wind blows. I have about 500 achers, 150 is on flat land, the rest is part of a canyon that is created by the Brazos river. the deer tend to bed in the hackberries that grow in the canyon. When the wind is not blowing I can always find deer there. When the wind is blowing I see nothing. I cant figure out where they go. the land is the same for miles around.

I have been hunting for over 20 years and have had no luck seeing a deer in the slightest wind. I dont understand. I here others praies the wind, I have never had any luck with it. I play it right, keep it in my face, flank beds doing lots of spoting with my binoculars, and take lots of time working areas. I still have had no luck at all.

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity" Martin Luther King Jr.