HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Open Season - Movie (Modern Day Bambi?)
Old 09-14-2006, 07:03 AM
MA Jay

Default RE: Open Season - Movie (Modern Day Bambi?)

It is just a movie, and its influence on YOUR kids will be as deep or as shallow as you let it be.

This movie appears to play more along the lines of Wiley Coyote and the Roadrunner and it's slapstick over the top visual humor in the pursuit of a meal than Bambi's pursuit by Hunters who's sole destruction of the woods and all in it scared the crap out of a lot of kids. Being the father of a kid who absoluteyy loves everything to do with animals, this type of flick is just juvenile humor that will not bridge the gap to real life.... but should make for a funny show to see and laugh at the make believe "battle" between Hunter and Hunted.

Personally, I am looking forward to seeing it. For those of uswho are watching these types of movies with our kids, at least the subject of hunting is in a movie! It will be kind of like watching Blue Collar TV (Jeff Foxworthy), just laughing at an over the top stereo-type portrayal of those who love the outdoors! I'm all for it, but then again I am not of the "eveyone is out to get me" camp.