HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What are you doing for scent elimination?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:46 AM
MarinePride
Fork Horn

Default What are you doing for scent elimination?

With bow season approaching on Oct. 7, I'm trying to decide my strategy for human scent elimination. I can get the platform close to 17 ft. from the ground in my stand trees. Hopefully this will be enough to carry my scent up and away, but you never really know. I'm not going to use a cover scent like skunk urine or any other urine, but I'm ready to try some of the spray on scent eliminator stuff. This stuff is odorless and I'm wondering if it really works?

I have bought some of the Tinks Doe P and the Buck in Rut 1 oz. bottles and some scent bombs to be used for the pre rut and rut. How much credence to you place on scents and scent eliminators for bowhunting? It's got to be important when you want the deer within 20 yards, even with a treestand.....don't ya think so?

The reason I'm asking is because I went into WalMart and they have a daunting choice of scent/scent elimination products. It's just amazing and confusing at the same time[&:]