HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Shaking my head.......
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2006, 03:29 PM
doubleA
Typical Buck

Default RE: Shaking my head.......

Before y'all get all excited over nothing I do beleive today's modern rangefinders use an invisible laser beam to measure distances using the time it takes the beam to get to an object and reflect it back to the unit, this all takes place in a second or two.

This unit in no way like the rest of the laser rangefindersdoes not project a visible beam of light which can be seen with thehuman eye. Maybe some are confused with the lasers that project the typical red light often seen on handguns.

I have not seen the advertisement which claims that this scope can be used as a binocular so I can not comment. In fact, it would not even be considered as a "binocular" due to it's only one eye piece. Bi=2

With that said I dont reccomend using a scope to "spot" target(s) that one doesnt intend to shoot.

I do like the concept of a range finding scope but the Swarovski, Zeiss, and new Bushnell all seem a bit bulky to me and do add weight to a rifle.
I have Leica 1200 and Swarovski Laser Guide rangefinders so it will be awhile before looking hard at them.