HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - worlds participation.
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2006, 12:50 PM
dgirt

Default RE: worlds participation.

I understand what you are saying. But from this side of the screen it looked like a rip fest on the people who worked hard on the bid they put in to get this shoot here. There were other places that put in and others that were put in as consideration for the event. They lost the bid from what the board members needed to have the event. We did not know we going to get the shoot till about 2 todays before anybody else did.They looked at places in NewYork and PA.

I have been a member since about 1989 or so and all I ever hear is people being upset over every little thing that happens. NewYork andFlatwoods didn't have much room and they put on a great shoot. My family and I drove 8-9 hours and stayed in campers or motel rooms shot our bows and had fun and went on. We have on average about 15-18 people in our group or family when we go. It cost a lot of cash just to go shoot a stupid bow for fun, but we pay it and go on.

Some of you people that rip on others about the way things are done are just as insulting as name calling. By ripping the IBO you are also saying we as a city and host groupfailed before we ever shot an arrow. Nobody is on the take. No one did anything sneeky or is robbing anyone. Several sites were looked at and they accepeted ours.( to our suprise) [8D]

I hope you come and enjoy your selves here in Anderson. We know it's not Snowshoe and never said it was, but we hope we give a great course to shoot on and a chance to win.

I see a lot of people at shoots that either can't go becuase of money or can't handle the mountain. It would be to see them back shooting the World shoot again.

Doug Girt