HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A quick bow setup how-to...
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 10:38 PM
Greg / MO
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: A quick bow setup how-to...

Dan, I would really recommend buying a Bowmender press from Walks With A Gimp; he's a forum member here on HNI. You can PM him or perhaps just do a search. He used to have a thread in the classifieds section, I think. He was selling them for around $75, and it's one of the best presses on the market. You'll see a pic of mine at the back edge of my workbench.

Here it is in operation:

http://media.putfile.com/Bow-Press-How-To

There's only two presses I would feel comfortable having any of my personal bows pressed in. One is a Sure-Loc Xpress (big bench press, and you don't even wanna know how much it costs... ) and the other is the Bowmender. Both presses probably place about the same amount of stress on the limbs as actually shooting the bow would... and NONE on the riser, period. The nice thing about the Bowmender is that it's extremely compact and portable and can be taken on distant hunts or 3D shoots.

Most of the guys on Team BowTech have them, and I think Rob just picked one up as well. With it, you can install your own peep, insert string leeches when they occasionally wear out, and of course a number of other things.