HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - worlds participation.
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 08:42 PM
fasstfletch

Default RE: worlds participation.

Well I guess that the change is bringing out the families that did not want a change. In the six years that I attended the shoots at Snowshoethere were people that shot and never came back. Broken bones, bad weather, and a few others that I will not mention. Snowshoe always tried it best to make everyone happy and some people still never came back but at first the newcomers filled the voids and the attendance did not suffer. In seven years the attendance was dropping due to many factors which are factors beyond everyone's control. When we left the Worlds at Peak and Peak and went to the Shoe the same thing happened but 3D was still growing. This could be a long discussion with no resolution that would satisfy 100% of the Shooters. The IBO has made a decision based on what it thinks is necessary to keep the majority of it members satisfied and competeing. The majority is what the IBO must satisfy and Individual stories and disatisfactions can only be heard and numbered until they seem to become the MAJORITY. The deceision was not made overnight and the responsible parties feel that they have made a decision which will satisify the majority for the forseeable future. Family participation is very important and is always a consideration when the responsible parties have to make a decision that involves the total membership. When The worlds left Peak and Peak and went to the Shoe many people welcomed the move and many more were unhappy so it seemed but the change was necessary for contractual reasons. I am happy to see a change and I hope that it will get my family to go back to the shoot. Right now Anderson, Ind. is the best World Championship that we have never shot.