HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who has shot a .454 Casull?...your opinions of it.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:47 PM
onebadf250
Fork Horn

Default RE: Who has shot a .454 Casull?...your opinions of it.

I own a uberti 44mag 6" ported barrel with a 4x simmons scope on it. I had a S&W 44mag w/ 6" barrel and the S&W kicked alot more. I have shot a Ruger balck hawk(not exactly sure if that was the exact model...something hawk though) in 454 casul with a bushnell holo sight on it. It was very accurate off a rest but did kick/jumpa good bit. I got to shoot one of the S&W 500's last year when they first came out. I used one of those Knight and Hale steady ready arm stick deals that you put on your wrist and rest the stick in your gut or hip for support. I shot it 3 times and I had 3 bruises from the steady ready stick. It kicked...don't get me wrong...but it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. With all the porting on the barrel it wasn't a whole bunchmore than that casul. Although the casul weighs a couple of lbs less than the 500 did. If they weighed the same weight it would be the differenct btw a 410auto and a 12ga 3 1/2 single shot...ok may be exaturating a little.

If you are looking for a scope on the casul I would take a look at those bushnell holo sights. If..ok when I buy another pistol and decide to put a scope on it I will probably go with one of these.