HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new to hunting...need some help
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 09:38 AM
kevin1
Dominant Buck

Default RE: new to hunting...need some help

ORIGINAL: jaymac

Thanks Kevin for the tips! You'd think being in sales, I would feel comfortable approaching houses, just not my kind of sales I guess. Also, do you put hunter orange on top of the ground blind so as to identify yourself in public lands? Do you use more than one on public land? Are other hunters going to "walk away" with your blind if you leave it to do some stalking? I've heard of people stealing tree stands when going onto other people's land!
Selling yourself is what salesmen do Jaymac , but this time sell the steak instead of the sizzle ...

I have an orange camo topper for my Ameristep Outhouse pop-up that I use for public land , and I wear an orange hat too because of the regs . Can't be too safe , and neither seem to bother the deer . I only use one blind on publics , it's all I need since it's very portable . If I thought that I needed more than one blind I'd just use natural cover . Leaving any personal property on public land is a crapshoot , even if you try to conceal it . Pop-ups and climbers are portable for a reason . Thieves steal because you make it easy for them and in a woods they have cover and all the time in the world to do their business , stay portable for publics .
Here's a couple of blinds that work well for gun hunting:
Guide Gear™ Pro Series Pop-up Blinds.
Ameristep® Chair Blind

Both the blinds in the upper link will accomodate an Ameristep blaze camo topper if safety is a concern .

BTW , did you get a chance to check out that Indiana site I mentioned ? There's a great group of guys there with lots of Indiana specific info to share .