HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just shot Matthews Hoyt and BOwtech
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2006, 08:04 AM
imdr911

Default Just shot Matthews Hoyt and BOwtech

O.K here isa review........
I was lucky enough to find a proshop with most major Brands.
I own a Matthews Mq1 and was looking for an update. I went with an open mind and shot all three bows. First I shot the switchback xl. I thought it shot nicely. It was very quiet and smooth. I then shot the Hoyt. I liked it better than the Matthews. It seemd to have a more definate back wall. THe string on that bow kept hitting my arm though. Never had that problem before. I am sure it was something I was doing so no big deal. It was a tough choice but then I shot the BOwtech tribute. I liked it hands down. THe lack of vibration, lack of recoil, and quietness were very impressive. At full draw ithad a solid wall. Didn't take long to set up and shoot very tight groups. My thoughts......I think all are very fine bows. It truely will come down to personal choice. THe guy next to me tried the hoyt and Matthews. He went with the Matthews. We were sighting in together. My wife, who doesn't know anything about archery commented on how much faster my arrows were flying. I don't know what his set up was but apples to apples bowtech is faster either way. I will keep my Mq1 too. I still really like it. It is so funny how when we buy new equipment and compare to our old, the old looks ancient.Now when I shoot the mathews it seems so much harder to shoot. The only thing that stinks is that my last name is Matthews notBowtech.