HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Swamp/Creek Bottom Buck Hunters Advice Wanted!
Old 08-27-2006, 06:47 PM
nstrut
Spike

Default Swamp/Creek Bottom Buck Hunters Advice Wanted!

Guys/Gals,

I hunt many stands that I need to wade creeks, sometimes a mile at a time, to acces my treestands. I have been using rubber hip waders and changing them when I got about 200 yards from the stand. This is a pain because I have to back pack my other boots in and change the waders, which usually results in me getting sweated up. I don't know about you guys, but rubber waders are a pain to take on and off.

I have been looking at neoprene chest waders that are suitable for icy water for duck hunters. My plan is to wade right in to my stand, climb up, and hunt. I did try this with regular rubber waders and my feet froze off, not to mention my knees hurting from being in the sitting position with the waders on in a treestand.

I don't have any experience with these type of waders, but has anyone tried wearing these types of waders in a treestand? I hunt all day in many cases and I need to stay warm on stand. I see some of the waders are insulated with up to 1600 grams of Thinsulate. Plus, if I get a larger size, I can layer underneath them. As far as camo, I can throw my Leafy Wear on right over top of them once I get to the stand, so that's not a problem.

Any duck hunters or deer hunters that hunt swamps have any helpful info. on this subject?

Any advice/recommendations is greatly appreciated.

NSTRUT[/align]