HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - old compounds...new compounds
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Pro-Line
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: old compounds...new compounds

I don't get the whole "gotta get a new bow every year" thing. I don't care if someone elsebuys one every week...It's just not my thing. My bowhunting buddy has to get the newest Matthews every year or so. He spends more time setting up his bows than I do hanging stands.

I shot a Bear Grizzly until 1989. Did fine with it. Then in 1989I boughta Pro-Line Force II.That bow killed A LOT of animals, and shot a lot of 3D...and Iwouldn't have given it up for the world. BUT, last year one of the grooves on the wheel got a nick on it and was chewing strings. I hung it up. It was kind of sad letting that bow go after 16+yrs.

I bought a Martin recently, and it's a good bow. But I can't get used to not carrying 12 pounds through the woods. LOL

I will say one thing. We are now spoiled. I can take a complete moron that has never shot a bow and have him shooting decent 20yd goups in an hour. These new bows are simple to set up, and easy to shoot. We've come a long ways from shooting off the shelf and wrapping a magazine around our forearms to keep from getting "skinned". LOL