HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - WV Hunting Land Lease Available
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 09:43 AM
Rem1100
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: WV Hunting Land Lease Available

ORIGINAL: Pro-Line

Rem...I'm talking timbered trashy land that's only good for hunting. Neighboring farm was bought last year for $67,000. It was 167 acres. No hard road touching it...no timber. I'm talking hunting land that is REMOTE with only a couple flat places for a cabin...mostly hillside.

We have to drive 1.1 miles through a creek to get to our cabin. We have no available phone line.

You're talking about a residence, I'm not talking about a place to live, I'm talking hunting land with no house at all.

The last 82 acresmy wife and Ibought was $20,000 in 2001. That's under $300/acre. The land is good for nothing but hunting at this point.

All that said, a bowhunting club just bought a farm behind my cousins house that was for sale. It was 150+/- acres. It has a nice house...lots of timber...and tons of food plots and fields already planted. It fetched $300K. It's all in the amenities.

It's like the difference between an F-150 in XL trim ($15K) and and F-150 in Harley Davidson trim. (35K)
ahh... you are the unsuspectingreal estatevictim..exactly what the slickers are looking for. they bulid houses here on ground a billygoat could hardly scale..pay thru the NOSE to install cable/phone/elec lines(buried)..not to mention consructing roads into said property. what you fail to realize, my friend, is that these people have more $$ than your county. they are heading west from DC/Balt area, and $$ is NO object...no deterrent... now I agree you're a bit further away.. but not THAT far away, especially with the I79/I77/I64 corridor growing rapidly. the slickers have found our state, and they'll buy what they have too to get what they want. talk about a different attitude towards others & life in general..these people are it. anyway...like I said..Dan Ryan has closed his office in Frederick,Md..and is setting up shop near Clarksburg,WV... get ready Ya'll in that area... you ain't seen nothing like this big Time Operator... and he'll move on when itdries up there. also, Toll Bros are becoming huge players in the WV market... they're outta Pa/NJ... they're also buying up land as fast as they can....just spent 6+ Mil on 160+ Ac.... and it's FAR from being "prime" land... it just happens to be "unrestricted", and THAT'S what fetches the BIG BUCKS...no restrictions..no zoning. but it's nice to know that there's still "cheap" land available in my home state...