HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A Specific .30-06 Question
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2002, 09:47 PM
Sling
Fork Horn

Default RE: A Specific .30-06 Question

Thanks for the quick responses. I find this thread very interesting already and constant with what I have read on the other bullet threads. It is plain to see that hunters are much more confortable going smaller/faster with bullets today than they have been in the past, and I am guessing that it is due to all of the premium bullets available (do more with less).

I kind of picked Core-Lokts as an example, because I wanted to see if that was a factor. Meaning, if you were stuck using a bullet that was not considered a "premium" bullet, would hunters go back to using heavier bullets. I am wondering if it would have made a difference if I had said your choices were a pointed 150 grain, a pointed 165 grain, or a round-nose 180 grain Core-Lokt bullet? I was messing around on Remington's website and under the WT deer hunting ammo site and they use .30-06 180 soft-point Core-Lokts as an example, so I was wondering if hunters would pick that load over some of the other ones for short-range purposes.

Thanks for everyone's 2 cents.