HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What makes a good crossbow?
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Omegalover

Default What makes a good crossbow?

The hunter.

Ibelieve that you could take the best crossbow ever made, if one were to exist, give it to an idiot and the only thing they would get done is split the limbs on dry fire, shoot themselves, or somesuch foolishness.

I alsobelieve you can take any descent quality brand of crossbow, teach someone, who may have no experience at all,how to properly care for it, set it up, sight it in, and practice, practice, practice and they would be able to harvest deer consistently.

You can all do what you wish, I couldnt stop you anyway, but I will never put down any brand of crossbow, nor anyone for shooting any brand they desire,with one exception. If it is positively proven that it may be dangerous in some way, due to manufacturers lack of quality or something like that. Mostly some of the real cheap foreign imports, I feel they are an accident waiting to happen and dont want to see anyone injured for any reason at all in what should be a very safe sport.

I will speak positively ofevery brand of crossbow that I feel can be used to promote this sport, and do everything I can to inform anyone who goes to the trouble of posting questions to the best of my ability without that reguard.

I am sorry if it ever seemed like I was putting down anyone's opinion and apologize to any who may have taken offense, none was intended. To me it just seems that the brand issue gets out of control.

Now someone please kick me off this soapbox, I need to get out and shoot this week, haven't been able topractice in almost 3weeks.