HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A hunter's stance on the WHA
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 04:06 PM
Washington Hunter

Default RE: A hunter's stance on the WHA

New - That's one thing that I am still afraid of. It isn't a matter of what the hunting community will take from the program. We'll watch it, see what it really is, and be sick.

My concern is what will the non-hunting community take from the program?

These are the people we need to be most concerned about. The fence riders. The people who aren't so anti as to say that hunting is horrible but at the same time not out there saying that hunting is great. How will the WHA make hunters in general look?

Do I think we will be able to stop the WHA from going on air as expected in October? No. Am I going to continue voicing my opinion and trying to turn as many people away from the WHA as I can until that time? You're darn right I am.

Again, call me stubborn for not taking a more proactive approach to this and trying to find some good in the bad, but I honestly don't see any good coming from it.

I can see it now. The show opens and the camera pans to a hunter perched 20 feet up in a tree. Snap to a buck walking up a trail. Next thing we know the camera is showing a stage and a crowd, a dozen perky cheerleaders and a couple of announcers. Is that what hunting is? No. This is the reality TV, glitz and glamour version that David Farbman will be using to line his pockets with even more money.