HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A hunter's stance on the WHA
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2006, 02:06 PM
NEW61375
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A hunter's stance on the WHA

I have been sayin it in most of my posts about the WHA. If this thing does get forced into existence with money (which it probaby will) what else should be changed in their format. It is very easy to tear something to shreds and point out everything we hate about it but it is much harder to come up with constructive criticism that may be used to change something negative to something with some positive potential or at the least a little more acceptance from the hunting community. I don't know to what extent it could be changed but it seems as though they are responding to some things. Now their motives for the changes are a little questionable (was the darting going to be illegal?) or are they responding to all of the feed back from true hunters and hunting organizations. It's a long way from over and who's to say where this thing is heading but it doesn't seem to be going away. I am nota WHA fan because of some of the quotes I've read, the tactics that might be used,and the WWE type "commercializing" that is happening and in my mind that is not hunting but neitherare most of the hunting shows I watch on T.V.Most of themare commercialized, self-promoting, ranch-hunting, blow hards who I don't feel represent me or real hunting, they too are about big bucks (both kinds) whether they come out and say it or not,and they are all over the channels and DVD's withlittle to no uproar. Hunting is big business now and unfortunately money corrupts the integrity of everything. I guess I don't see the WHA much differently than those shows, I don't like either, but somebody must or they wouldn't be around. So I guessmy question is can anything good come of this? It is not a matter of me accepting the WHA or gettingpast the negatives it' more a matter of being realistic. Realistically this thing will probably get off the ground but Hopefully there won't be enough people watching or good enough ratings to keep it around. If the thing doesn't make money it will get abandoned, Farbman is a businessman and no profits is the only thing he will understand. I knowI won't be watching but someone might and that is why I wonder if there will be anything good/positive about hunting for them to take away from it.