HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Build your perfect bow from the buffet...
Old 11-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Rangeball
Nontypical Buck

Default Build your perfect bow from the buffet...

Suppose you walked into a virtual smorgasborg of bow parts from every manufacture and could pick and choose specific components that when assembled would fit your criteria for the perfect bow (since we're dreaming, assume the geometry would all work perfectly). What would you choose?

Ok, I'd go with a longer reflexed riser similar to many companies today, but made of carbon with the emphasis on shock absorbtion and not lighter overall mass weight, would weigh the same as a comparable machined aluminum riser. Overall mass weight of the bow would be around 3# 4oz...

I'd go with the new Merlin limbs, and Winner's Choice strings and cables. Limb design would be more parallel, and brace would be about 8.5".

Cams would either be smooth drawing dual or hybird CPS type system, with a split yoke cable system, or possible have the cables attach outside the limb yoke for an automatic split. Cables go straight up and down to each cam, if that makes any sense.

Grip would be slim, like the current Diamond grip, which feels great in my hand, narrow throat and laminated camowood sideplates, using part of the riser for the grip.

IBO would be 350ish, and overall ATA would be 30-34". Camo would be the new Harwoods HD, with the autum bronze limb pockets.

I'd buy that bow in a heartbeat. What about you?