HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Carp?
Thread: Carp?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 11:43 AM
Bulzeye
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Carp?

In IL, many of the waterways are so polluted that there are health advisories issued saying not to eat several species, including carp, because of high PCB and mercury contaminants in the fish.

If youtalk to any biologist who monitors waters with carp infestations, they'll be grateful for any help you can offer to help get rid of the things. As long as you don't leave a pile of dead fish where everyone else has to smell it or look at it, you're doing a service to the ecosystem by removing them permanently, whether you eat them or not. I personally prefer to leave them for other wildlife to eat when I can, but I live so close to a major city that I have to throw them in my personal garbage most days because of the dense human populations in the area.

If somebody likes to eat them, they can have all of mine. I just take the carpout of the water so life is a bit better for the fish that most fishermen actually like to eat.Bowfishing isfun too, and usuallyprovides more action than most other kinds of hunting. It's hard to beat a day of shooting live moving targets with good friends.

-Bulz