HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Custom Built 22-250 varm. or bench
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2006, 10:50 AM
Dryridge

Default Custom Built 22-250 varm. or bench

I have for sale this 22-250 built by Steven Hill of Hill Gun Works. Here is a list of the parts used in the building of this gun

Mauser action w/new stainless, cock on opening bolt.
Lugs lapped and squared, headspaced w/min. tolerance.
Action is glass bedded to stock.

Timney match trigger.....light!

Bbl is a Douglas XX full bull, concave crown, trued to action and chambered w/ min. tolerance. For longer case life. Free floated after first inch or so that is glass bedded

Stock is a Richards Laminated TH with bench/prone cheek style. Stock was finished by an auto body shop with clear coat finish (several coats)
and fitted with a sand to fit limbsaver recoil pad, after market trigger guard and solid floorplate, and sling studs.

BiPod will come with the gun if it will fit in case.

All metal with exception of stainless bolt and new safety I had installed are baked on Parkerized charcoal matte finished.

It is currently fitted with a New...Tasco World Class 4-16x50mm Scope and High Weaver mounts. Scope has only been on for 2 weeks.

This gun is a single hole shooter w/ 55gr BT over 4064 IMR powder 36.3 gr

I have shot this gun less than 100shots. I seasoned the bbl w/20rds and have played on paper a little. I shot one 500yd group at just under 4 inches on a windy day and standing up with sandbag on top of truck...NOT BAD.

I am selling this gun for 2 reasons. First, I am disabled and it is too heavy, and I need the money for my sons college. I have over $1500 invested and the gun is notclose toa yr.old. I will sell it for $950 plus actual shipping. I will supply a hardcase to ship in.

We can discuss payment and shipping arrangements.

Now, with a little luck some pictures will be somewhere near here.