HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Here is a good tip for all you hunters out there.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:24 PM
rooking22
Spike

Default Here is a good tip for all you hunters out there.

Want to tag the local legend?Move away from obvios staging areas and go deep.

STAGING AREAS ARE GREAT places to hunt if you want to bag a buck. But if you want to kill a big one,you need to back up. While does,fawns, and young bucks tend to gather on the brushy edges of prime food sources an hour or so before dark, the largest bucks on a given property usually avoid these major staging areas during legal shooting hours. Instead , they hang back in isolated spots of thicker cover or rougher terrain, a little closer to bedding cover. I think of these as micro, or fringe, staging areas. Mostly micro staging areas are roughly 1/4 to 1 acre in size they may only be 50 to 100 yards back from a main staging area.But always remember to look for thick like jungle cover and look for any buck signs that you can find i that area. This is an all day stand tactic becuse if you want to shoot the big buck in that area you must let the younger deer go by without spooking them. And then the bigger deer should know that it is safe to go thru there now. And then you can take home a nice buck.

P.S This took me a while to write and i know that this tip will work well for any hunter willingly to shoot a local giant. GOOD LUCK HUNTIN AND PUT YOUR STAND I THE SPOTS I TOLD YOU IT WILL PAY OF GOOD.