HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Clubs
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2006, 10:19 AM
superstrutter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting Clubs

Two-hundred is dirt cheap for this day and time. I know it's tough to have to pay for a place you have hunted free, but if you really like the place then pay the 200. I own 100 acres of great hunting land and lease 120 acres right next to mine. That 120 acres is my cousins land. She is an older woman who until the last few years never charged me to lease her land. She let a lawyer convince her to lease the land. I was a little upset for a while, we are family you know. I could not let someone else come in and lease it. There is no telling what could have happened if someone else leased it. They could have been poachers and not only ruined the hunting on her land, but my land also. I love hunting her property too, so I didn't hesitate to pay the lease. She is charging me 500.00 for the 120 acres. Pretty steep, but I will not lose the priviledge to hunt this property. I do have a hunting partner who pays for half of the lease, so it's not too bad. Two hunters on 220 game rich acres. For 250.00 I can't complain a bit. If you love the property like I do my cousins, then pay the 200.00.