HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What we really hate about hunting shows
Old 08-21-2006, 08:05 PM
pjhunts
Typical Buck

Default RE: What we really hate about hunting shows

Yep the shows are getting more lame every day. To me, any schmuck can go to an outfitter and sit in the appointed stand and shoot the deer that steps in front of him and proclaim how hard his hunt was.I would like to see a show where they hunted entirely PUBLIC ground, where any body can go for FREE. I don't even need to see kills, close calls and near misses would be good enough for me because that's what keeps you hunting. It would be nice to show why they chose their location, whether they found it through a topo or aerial map or through scouting, etc. What would be great to see is a guy hunting in his stand and have some other hunter(s) walk by or scale a tree next to theirs and start hunting, no that would be realistic! As aggravated as I get with them I still watch the silly shows, almost daily, not sure why. I do know, though, by watching the shows and seeing the big bucks has helped me become more "comfortable" when they are around me when hunting