HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows
Old 08-21-2006, 04:28 PM
Proff
Typical Buck

Default RE: what's your most hated word or phrase on hunting shows

Well pet peeves have been mentioned but here goes.
1. I am like alot of you other guys- if it is gun hunting, the channel gets flipped. When I have seen gun hunts, and these guys make about a250 to 300 yard shot, and then fall over each other because it was such a great hunt and the deer or elk had NO IDEA we were here... I just want to scream!!
2. Whenever I see that they are hunting either in Texas, or hunting the ___ ranch, I don't watch it.

3. All of Ted's stupid sayings, such as the spirit this the spirit that, the Beast is dead, Long live the Beast. After a shot, he always gas to stick his arrow in the ground and say " Where have we seen this before?" and all his otherstupid rants.

4. When they hunt places like the Teuage Ranch, Paradise Hunt Club etc. where a bunch of rich guys "buy" a trophy and shoot it out of a cushy blind at a feeder and then try and convince you how great of a hunter they are.

5. As said many times, when the camera is on one side of the dead animal and the hunters come trailing from the other side and "find" the animal. That drives me crazy!!

6. Jimmy Houston's dumb laugh, wait, everything about Jimmy Houston!

7. Wally "the cattle killer" Dallenbach

8. Even though I really like Ralph and Vicki and Archers Choice- I get so tired of Vicki holding her nose and mouth and doing that laugh everytime she shoots an animal, and then Ralph having to show you his hand shaking after every animal. Man that gets so old.

I am sure there are more, but there are some.