HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 34-Team "Heavy Horned" Official Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2006, 11:40 AM
SouthernMDhunter

Default RE: team 34 check in thread

Just so you guys know I am in a bit of a dilema. They are currently doing some clear cutting in my hunting woods. The woods around my house they will not be touching but there is a problem. The woods around the house are like 10-25 acre small plots which are against the river shoreline.

Typically this time of year the deer rarely visit the smaller plots of woods, but I have noticed a big change in thier movements due to the cutting. Generally the second day of gun season I can sit on my front porch and watch the deer run through the fields ( some through my yard) straight for the woods around my house. I am thinking that once the loggers hit the big woods full force I will see the deer react as if it was gun season.

Soooooo, with all this said, I will more than likely be doing alot of blind hunting. Never fear though, I took my nice 9 point from the small woods by the house in a blind last year. Anyways, I will know more about the time frames they will be done cutting in about a week or so
and will keep you informed.

Dave