HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What we really hate about hunting shows
Old 08-21-2006, 09:35 AM
Buellhunter

Default RE: What we really hate about hunting shows

I agree, it's really not a laughing matter.
All the fist pumping,dancing and carrying on is just goofy.
I have never done any of those things? Course I'm not in a tree with a cameraman on national TV either?
I think a more somber reaction is more the norm among hunters?
If i tried to dance around I'd probably fall out of the tree!

Couple other things I notice that I don't like.
While everyone preaches scent control(and they advertise it heavily on the same shows), you see these guys having breakfast in their hunting clothes,going out,hopping in a truck or BadBoy Buggie, riding outto their stands? Doesn't anyone put their hunting clothes on after they get out of the truck and are ready to walk to their stands?Now I am not the most fanatical about scent control but I don't stop at Perkins on the way to hunt? I always make sure my truck has gas so I don't have to stop and get all gassy smelling on the way to hunt. I even spray the inside of my truck with scent killer. The cab of my truck smells like dirt!

They also make it look like they just roll out of bed, put on camo and go hunting. Doesn't anyone shower before they go out? I know I do. Not like they need to show it but at least make it appear that they get up extra early so they have time to? In the winter I have to get up an hour and half before I leave the house. I have long hair and it takes about an hour for it to dry. Frozen hair is no fun,let me tell you!

I, for one, could use a fewless "kill shots" and more informational stuff on where to place a stand,how high and why,Trailing hit deer(real trailing, not with the cameraman already there),tips on how to gain access on land to hunt, Field dressing info,calling, etc
I think they should also show the reality of missing(not that I EVER miss)

Hopefully some in the industry will see these posts and adjust their shows.