HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Stoeger Shotguns
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 10:20 PM
crimedog
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stoeger Shotguns

I'm in the same boat as you with my son, and I'll start the Flack a flying, I wouldn't buy a Berretta, Benelli, Ruger or any otherO/U over 500.00, I'd take one for free because the same work will be needed for any O/U gun you get even the low priced ones.

The only decisions I'd be basing which gun to get is auto or manual ejectors, after that it becomes when isthe gun is goingout.

What I mean is when will it be going out for the XXXL forcing cone modification, barrel over bored, and custom chokes to match. After all is said and done you'll spend 1000.00-1200.00 in the gun/work,and itwill shoot circles around the stockhigh priced ones above for the same price.Once they have the work there is no performance difference..... but they will havecost 700-1000 more than your cheeper gun. Do yourself a favor and call a few skeet/trap proshops and ask about the mods I've listed and get there advice.

Honastly buy the low priced one and let you andhe decide after patterning the gun.

400.00 for Rem Spartan310, Mossburg.
150.00 for forcing cone lengthing.
300.00 for overboring aka (backboring)
300.00for 5custom choke tubes

1150.00 total and for 60.00 each you can get other size choke tubes or double up on others.