HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - broadheads
Thread: broadheads
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Hotburn76

Default RE: broadheads

Well I know very little about them heads you spoke of but I have a horton and for ten or so years I used Muzzy four blade 100grain and never had a problem. But for a long time desired to use a mech but did not because some of the flaws with them. The spitfires you talk of are the old design that hinge on the back. As some say this can cause a deflecting shot on a quarting at you or away resulting in a poor shot. Alot of them also have a small entry hole but a big exit hole. For thoes fears I never tried them. Then last year a few makers started out with a new design that works on a cam design. The blade is forced back in a sliding motion that forces them to be fully open before they enter the deer. They also do not deflect the shot like some say the hinge style can. This year, actually about a week ago I bought the G5 tekan 2's and have been shooting them this week and love them. They are first broadheads that I have shot that have the same POI as a feild point, no planing like some fixed blade heads. Also before I pull them out of the block I check and all have been fully open on entry, no small hole. They also are not openiong up prematurely as some of the hinge kind can from the power of a CB. Also all of this shooting and I have not broke a blade yet on them. Not trying to push on ya but I am just really impressed with them! Good luck!