HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - bow arm
Thread: bow arm
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 08:40 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default bow arm

after my shoulder injury i began thinking.....when i first started shooting i locked my arm a few times and left me with a HUGE nasty welt and bruise from the string....i quickly learned to bend my arm OUTWARDS. now i think maybe i bent TOO far outwards and that hurt my shoulder...thats when it hurts the worst is when i bend it like that. i remember a post or reading somewhere on weather to bend you brace arm out or down..any opinions on the subject?? i wonder if thats not how i hurt my shoulder?? exzagerating the bend and almost popping my shoulder out of place?? i think i just need to relax and let my elbow bend outward(or down if thats what is proper??) and not try so hard to get my arm bent...after stimulating myself at full draw i can HEAR my shoulder pop and WITHOUT holding the bow back i can feel it feels wierd...add the weight of full draw and i bet that could be BAD...any opinions?? good news is i think the muscles are REALLY jacked back there..the chiropractor helped ALOT today..which was my second visit. friday will make 3. im not going to stop going even after i am healed. i feel so good and loose in my back and shoulders, i bet it helps my shooting. today i could tell my back muscles were REALLY tight when i was there. my troublesome shoulder feels like the muscle is REALLY balled up when he does his thing back there. so i think ill be recovered soon. just need to make sure i have the right form. id take a pic and let you see...but its in my head now and id probably correct it for the camera...

.so how do you guys bend your bow arm?? out or down??..DONT bend at the shoulder just the elbow correct?? thanx guys