HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - TC Pro Hunter
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2006, 05:28 PM
pipecrew
Fork Horn

Default RE: TC Pro Hunter

I haven't heard anything but good things about the new ProHunters. If I didn't have an original Encore I'd probably be buying one (2 kids aren't helping my "play funds" either!)
Anyway I copy/pasted this post from a muzzleloading forum:

Here goes a report of my first TC pro Hunter range visit which totally exceeded all my expectations & then some!

Thoroughly cleaned bbl with solvent then wiped with alcohol patches & dry. Broke action & boresighted through bbl on a 50 yd target. Only had to adjust elevation/windage between 5-8 clicks which was great since after reading of some Leupold's needing shimms to get on the paper. I at least had a very good feeling I was gonna be on the paper!!!

Arrived at my F&G Clubs range & no one was there. I loaded a new Triple Se7en ML 209 & snapped it off. Man, the pop was about 50% as loud as a regular Win 209 & much less sharp of a crack. Ummm, I thought maybe a good thing. Definitely one hell of a difference!!

I loaded 3 T-7 50 grain pellets & stuffed a 250 grain TC SW Bonded. A lil tight starting but once started fairly easy to load. I squeezed #1 off & was about 2" high & 2" to the left. Man, couldnt believe the minimal recoil especially with 150 grains T-7!!! I thought, that Simms Limbsaver recoil pad combined with TC new FlexTech Stock is cheating. I checked my CHRONY & read was 2,287 fps. A lil faster than expected but considering charts i compared with were with 26" bbl & Pyrodex vs my T-7 & the new Pro Hunters 28" bbl it was within expectation.

I wiped with Windex (w/vinegar) and dry. Couldnt believe the minmal fouling plus not even one hint of that infamous T-7 crud ring!! This was by FAR the cleanest patch I've EVER recovered shooting T-7. Those new Triple Se7en 209 Muzzleloader Primers will be ALL ever buy hereforward. (PATCH PIC BELOW).

After scope adjustment I fired #2 & was about 1.5" high & 1" to left.

Adjusted scope & set-up new 100 YD. target. Fired shot & was perfect on windage but still high. Adjusted scope 4 clicks down & then fired 3 more shots which CUT HOLES!!!! This aint normal for Ole LOGGY!!! My 10X Leupold Vari-X III showed a hole getting bigger (after 2nd shot) so I walked down to check after second shot & thought OH BOY...Loggy you got one hell of a keeper here!!!

The President of our F&G Club arrived during my shooting session & said time for me to go home ...which I did. He had an Encore with a 22-250 bbl he going to shoot but did say that his was a shooter too with its ML bbl but never could get a group like my Pro Hunter. Most likely was beginners luck for me for sure. I'll take it though.

In clean-up there was No Crug Ring, NO Blowback & breechplug was actually cleaner than my 10 ML-II shootin smokeless. TC's new breech plug design is everything they say it is! I must admit after shooting several smokeless MLers, BP Flinters & and whole host of other In-Lines....this TC Pro Hunter is a "notch up" on anything i've ever shot as far as ease of obtaining outstanding groups coupled with unbelievable minimal cleanup and friendly recoil!! Do I sound overally happy....YOU BET!!!

The forum is called Modern Muzzloader: http://www.modernmuzzleloader.com/phpBB/index.php?sid=eb0791f9aeb6a26b1a2765cf16a7ce00

It's a great forum. I have learned a lot from it. You should sign up and join it, it's free.

If I were you I would buy one. I don't think you'll regret it. Keep us posted.

Mike