HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - matthews vs hoyt
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 10:13 PM
Greg / MO
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: matthews vs hoyt

turkey, if those are the two bows you've narrowed it down to, you really need to do some extensive shooting with both of them before you buy one.

Each of those bows exhibit drastically different draw-force curves, and as such, you'll feel a completely different "draw experience", if you will, with each respective bow. The Trykon is probably a good bit faster, but is lacking in the smoothness factor you'll experience from the Switchback. Initially, a lot of the Tryks were experiencing a "buzzing" sound when shot, although I haven't heard much feedback about that of late, so maybe Hoyt got it worked out as more of them rolled off the assembly line.

Hoyt puts -- in my mind -- a way better grip on their bows than the fat Mathews stock grip, though I've seen some big NFL-lineman-sized guys who liked them... They also come with waay better stock strings...

Those are just some quick, random thoughts after havingpersonally shot them. Ultimately, you need to shoot both before dropping your hard-earned money on one of them. And, while you're at it, you may want to shoot some other brands, too. Sometimes you may find a fit with one you hadn't even considered before. Just about all the top manufacturers are churning out real quality these days.

Good luck, and good hunting.