HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Asking for hunting permission
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 07:50 AM
SwampTHING

Default RE: Asking for hunting permission

First off, I wouldnt be making plans on how you are going too be hunting it before you get the permission. You should have asked already,, this time of year everyone is looking for active fields and they are not pro-crastinating,, they are knocking on doors! Dont be surprised if someone hasnt already snapped it up! If he says no,, say thank you very much for your time, have a nice day!

Go by yourself and ask or if you have a young son or daughter bring them with you! tell him exactly how many people will be there and dont bring more! what vehicles will be used, are you allowed too drive in the field or do you have too walk?

Offer too clean the garbage out of the ditches along his farm,, trust me this one works! I asked a farmer if I could park on his property so I could clean the ditch because I was sick of looking at all the litter when I drove by.. I ended up with permission too hunt anything on his farm, and on 3 other farms that were adjoining! I walk and pick the litter out of those ditches every year!