HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many use Decoys???
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 02:43 PM
nchawkeye
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: How many use Decoys???

I have had a ball with a decoy through the years....First let me say, you need to be real careful about the setup, so you don't get shot by another hunter, but thats also true during turkey season...Anyway....

One of our farms in eastern NC has a perfect field for a decoy...Its on the backside of the farm, and has a cutover on each side...We go in and lock the front gate, and leave our truck so its obvious we are hunting there...We call the back field the Killing Field, has been called that at least 25 years....You literally can't go there without seeing deer....When that field is in cut corn we setup the decoy, I put a little Tinks on a strip of TP and hang it beside the tail, the wind helps it flutter a little in the breeze...
We set up on the ground, in a natural blind area, with one shooter and one rattler....We have pulled as many as 6 bucks out of those cutovers in a afternoon....Funny thing is it seems the bigger bucks can't stand it when they hit the field and see that "other" deer...Whether it is a buck with buck pee or a doe with 69....They have to stroll over...It sure adds another twist to deer hunting...