HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 10:01 AM
MonArcher

Default RE: MONEY HUNTER CLASS-SNOWSHOE

My wife and I shot the National Triple crown and the World Championships this year. While I shot poorly at the worlds, I really enjoyed my first experience at Snowshoe. MY wife was 7th after the first day, 3rd after the the second day, and clawed her way up to 2nd on Saturday, We were thrilled. She has worked very hard at this dicipline and Hard work definitly pays off. She made great friends and met the most wonderful people this year. I have to say though, it is a down right dirty shame that our whole IBO experience this year was tainted right at the very end of the year by the experience she went through on the podium at the awards ceremony. She goes up in front of her peers and what does she get........ Nothing! No money, no plaque. not even a sorry. She gets a guy telling her " There was a mix up with the plaques " She comes up to me afterwards in Tears, in shock, that the organization we supported all year, with more money than I would care to add up, would so callously ignore her accomplishments for greater support of other classes of Archers. She went to Work Monday, she is an OR Nurse at our City Hospital, and a heart surgeon she works with,( A bowhunter whom was thinking of joining the Ibo , along with all his friends ), asked her what she received for such an impressive accomplishment..........She had to tell him NOTHING!!!!!He said, why would you go spend all your time and money to shoot for an organization that would do that to its members.............??????? Good question DOC.................................