HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funnels
Thread: Funnels
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2006, 06:03 AM
Sport 2

Default RE: Funnels

I appreciate all your help.
I have have one spot that I have already scouted and plan to hunt. Its a creek bed running north to south that connects a swamp (mostly hemlock) to another wooded area that contains a bedding area and a little more swamp. This low creek bed runs between two pastures and is about 40 - 50 yds wide by 75-100 yrds long. Its entirely wooded eccept 1 tractor trail connecting the 2 pastures. There are a few apple, and crab apple trees within the funnel itself, and at the north end there is a 20-25 acre corn field that extendsabout 100yds into the woods.Not far off the edge of the northern side of this cornfield there isa bedding area. I have found a couple good stand locations 1 at the south end where the funnel starts projecting out of the swamp by an old fence line 1 in the middle of the funnel and 1 in the north end just off the lower back corner of the corn field by the bedding area.
This seems to me to be a real good location. What do you guys think? The only problem is I didn't see much last years buck sign when I scouted it about a month ago. Only a couple good rubs. What are your oppinions?