HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Funnels
Thread: Funnels
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 10:07 AM
Mike Hill
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Funnels

I am no expert by any means but I have been deer hunting almost 40 years now so I have a few suggestions for you that may help take them for what their worth the seem to work for me.
1. You can make your own funnels by cutting brush and blocking off deer trails causing them to use another way. I did this in CT. and blocked 6 deer trails in one area at different points and it worked great.
2. Cut paths in the thick areas it may take a while but the deer will start using them as they are as lazy as we are and seem to always take the path of least ristance.
3. Follow streams for some reason deer seem to all cross a streamat the same place. I don't know why. I like to use this method on a new area I have never hunted or hunted very little.
4. Scout and I mean scout not just little walks in the woods look at everything put on your rubber boots and get in the muck and water, get into those thick areas. Spend as much time as you can in your hunting area learn it like your own home. With this knowledge you will know why,where and when you should be someplace over another.
Just a few points I always use I hope one or all help you. Good Luck this season. Mike