HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - HUGE HUGE HUGE PA Buck!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2002, 10:39 PM
Buck Magnet

Default HUGE HUGE HUGE PA Buck!!!!!!!

Today I was out sitting in my treestand watching to see what kind of deer I could see. I figured that they would be moving since the temp was in the low 40's and the snow was all melting. Anyways, at about 4:15, I looked up and saw movement above me. There is a powerline above me, and on the top side is a REALLY thick brush patch. I caught movement in it and put my binoculars up. I saw the biggest buck! It is a main frame 12 point. It has probablly a 23 inch outside spread. The tines are probablly close to 11 inches each. Anyways, it has a drop tine on each side that are probablly around nine inches each. It has two kickers off the left G-2 that are about 4 or 5 inches long and one kicker off the right side that is probablly close to 4 inches long. The antlers were VERY VERY white. The droptines on the other hand were VERY dark (why is this). The total points that I counted was 17. I am figureing that it is going to be close to 180" class. It is ENOURMOUS. It got up from a small little circle of crab apples surrounded by green briars, walked about 20 yards towards a the main road, which was only about 60 yards from the deer and bedded down. This thing is huge. I can't believe what this will area will be like IF Alt's plans work. I saw another big buck tonight on the way home from visiting my grandfather at the hospital (he is doing REALLY good and should be out in a couple of days, he looks better than he has for months) anyways though, I was comming up the small airport I live by and their was a BIG 10 point standing down by the runway. It was probablly 20 inches wide and it probablly had 7 inch tines. The neat thing about this buck is that all three tines on each main beam (not including the brow tines) were the same exact height. It looked weird. Anyways, sorry for the length, I just wanted to share that with you guys. I might try to get some pics of that buck before he drops his antlers and I am going to have some SERIOUS shed hunting to do this year. (Does anyone know when bucks in the southwestern part of Pennsylvania drop their antlers) Thanks guys.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)