HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PA Deer Hunters
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2006, 02:37 PM
ChuckS

Default RE: PA Deer Hunters

ORIGINAL: deerfly
Rich,there may have been more bigger bucks then but the average size of the bucks in each age class has gone way up
What information do you have to support that claim? I have seen no data from the PGC that would indicate that the average rack size or body weight in each age class has increased since AR's were implemented.
I haven't seen anything from the PGC to support that either, I'll have to go search the PGCsite. Knowing them it will take a few years to get the stats available. I have heard a few people quote numbers such ataverage # of points and antlers spreads in various taxidermy shops and buck-pools.
Personally I have noticed larger bodied (weight)deer in my area and also in McKean county but that is somewhat subjective. It woul=d only make sense that with fewer deer thus more browse available that the deer would be larger. Isn't that what your seeing in your area?

ORIGINAL: deerfly Based on the data from Miss. I would expect that the average rack size of 2.5+ buck would have decreased rather than increased
That would be an incorrect interpretation of that study.

ChuckS