HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting vs Killing
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2006, 05:50 AM
tsoc
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Hunting vs Killing

For me the kill is the conclusion of a particular hunt.Most of my hunts conclude with out a kill,I would expect that most everyone's do.Yet I enjoy every hunt for every aspect of the hunt.The preparation,the walk to my stand,the observing the wild world while the creatures are unaware of me being there,the excitement when I hear something coming,in some instances the camraderie of deer camp.For me that is what drives the passion.To say I like to kill sounds weird to me,I expect to kill,my goal is to kill,I am very happy when I have killed,not fist pumping,screaming,doing cart wheels kind of idiotic happy,but a sense of satisfaction,I figured this area out or animal out and got it done happy.
These made for TV over the top displays of excitement are to much in my opinion,they don't seem real to me.I have been involved in the trailing and tracking of animals for a couple of close friends who are accomplished hunters and i have never witnessed those types of antics.
I have no problem with someone being excited if it is pure and personal and isn't demeaning to the animal.A lot of the TV stuff goes way to far beyond that for my tastes!