HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The Good 'Ole Days...
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2006, 04:40 PM
grizzly190
Fork Horn

Default The Good 'Ole Days...

Alright i was listening to a story from an elder person and he was explaning that when he was my age (17) that all a person needed was a .22 and a good knife and he was set for the summer. cause the only hunting season there was was his own. because this is a rural area he hunted all year round for deer and squirrel and any other critter that came along. of course the family ate everything. but still where has all the simplicity he is talking about gone? Here are some of the points he made in the lecture.
1. I got my car searched b/c there was a gun in my car...and then gotaccused of poaching. he walked down the road carrying a gun and no fuss was made.
2. you cant hunt today without the "special camo of the year" or the deer scent. back then it was the NON sunday clothes and that was it.
3. You'd be hard pressed to walk 10 miles without trespassing. and then your nearest neighbor was 4 miles away.
I dont know about yall but I wish I could live back then for just a while to try it out. I know there are many things I wouldnt have but ive always wanted the most simple life possible. I think the goods would outway the bads in this situation.

Does anyone remember these days? if so I'd like to hear there views/storys