HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good "Ol Oklahoma
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 08:57 PM
MILLERTIME10
Typical Buck

Default RE: Good "Ol Oklahoma

ORIGINAL: waynemorgan

good hunting down there to ,i remember the cat fish you had up there .do know any barkers in el reno ? or the millers on sun set road ?
No, Wayne, I don't know any Barkers, I do know some Bakers though. I do know a few Millers in El Reno, but not any that live on Sunset. The Miller's I am related to live up north around Enid.

Hey I've got a couple of quick question guys...how's the hunting in SE OK near Watson, near the Ouachita Nat Forest? I am looking into hunting some land there and was curious as to what sized deerare out there. Secondly,how are the hunting laws in OK, is it a draw type like WY or do you just purchase a permit and head out to the woods? thanks for your help and happy huntin

Not real sure how the hunting is down here in SE Oklahoma. I just moved here last December and haven't had a chance to hunt down here yet. I know there are some big deer in this area, from what people tell me. There is a ton of public land in SE Oklahoma, but I heard it is a crazy place around ML and Rifle seasons. If I were you, I would hunt only with bow on the public land, or go way back in the sticks where no one wants to go during rifle.

As for liscense's, all you have to do is buy an out of stateliscense and a tag. No drawing required unless you want to draw in for a special hunt on the game reserves. I have put in for a trad only huntat theMcAlester Ammunition Plant (SE Oklahoma) the last 2 years and haven't been drawn yet. A lot of big deer and a good experience if you get drawn. You have to check the regs @ www.wildlifedepartment.com to see the prices, seasons, and bag limits. Happy hunting!!!

Trent