HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Time to go Trad
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 02:55 AM
Jody A

Default RE: Time to go Trad

you know as I read this ........... McAlister was a special place where only traditional bowhunters were allowed to hunt. They have MONSTER bucks there too.

compounders want a piece of the action so they apply, and if they draw THEN they decide to pick up a trad bow.

I don't think thats the way it was meant to go. After McAlister are you going back to your compounds ?

I've shot trad for going on 5 years with a few lapses back to compounds. I'll say this ...... to get a recurve now and be ready in a few months you'll need to shoot hundreds of arrows per week. This aint your buy it on Friday and take it hunting on Sunday kind of deal.

I know this wasn't the original intent of the thread but after reading the

Last yr I didnt practice but once before opening day

and the

bow but I hunt other styles and hunting is not my life

I gotta say that in my opinion you're trying to cheat the system to get a crack at a big buck to make yourself the envy of others. You want bragging rights, big antlers .......... that IS NOT what traditional bowhunting is all about.

Does McAlister have a requirement before you can hunt ? If they do ......... many guys trying to do the old swith to trad in 3 days for a tag aint going to make it I gaurantee.

Maybe I'm wrong here ........... just a vibe I'm getting is all ..........