HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does it really Advance our Sport???
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Dr Andy
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does it really Advance our Sport???

I wish I had started hunting when I was kid. I'm 47 and picked up a bow 3 yrs ago. Never used a guide,learned how to gut my first deer by myself cuz noone would come out to help on a cold rainy Sunday night. Learned how to butcher the deer from a man who knew and did the last two myself (not cuz I couldn't afford it I could it just seemed easier to me?). I'm trying to get my son interested, he's shot a turkey at the club and sometimes seems interested, other times not so much. He seems to want things to work and be succesful right away (nintendo generation). He's 15 and learning to drive(scary). Got him a bow when he was 12,but since learning to use it would take alot of practice it fell to the side. I'm hoping he wants to go gunhunting for deer this year,I don't gunhunt but his godfather does and we would go together. Found out 2 weeks ago he's a crack shot with a 357,or maybe it was just luck. Anyway the point is we need to get the kids involved at the grassroots level,and I see that on this site all the time talking about our kids. They need to experience the outdoors and love it like we do. That way the ranks of hunters will grow naturally with all the passed down ethics and morals that it deserves.Thanks for listening(or reading as it were)