HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does it really Advance our Sport???
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2006, 04:27 PM
HAZCON7
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does it really Advance our Sport???

I dont have the answers, but I just think that there is an opportunity with all the recent publicity and buzz.
Again, nice points Nix. I would just keep in mind that the data in those studies nearly alwaysfavor the opinion of the writer, in order to either prove their point of view or garnish favor for their cause. An author would be crazy to publish data that would contradict their cause. Not necessarily saying that is the case here but it is veryhard to be unbiased as a writer.
I will definately grant you that I am probably not worried enough yet about preservation and recruitment - but I think somewhere in there is a happy medium.

To go along with your statement above, I don't have the answers either. But I think that the wholesale rejection of this WHA is already producing fantastic publicity for the hunting community. I think we are showing that we aren't the crazy armed hillbillies some believe us to be and I think a new image of the whole outdoor loving hunter/naturalist package could benefit even more if the WHA is publicly shot down in flames.