HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - newbie basic hunting-law questions
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 10:08 PM
drewm2

Default newbie basic hunting-law questions

If you've seen my other posts, you know this will be my 1st year hunting. I'll have another guy with me, but I'm here to try and book learn the basics and be ready to learn specifics in the field from him. (Also, don't wanna look like a complete moron when we go!)
So here goes: I'm in North Carolina, specifically at Uwharrie National Forrest.

1-Bow hunting applies to deer, other animals can be hunted with bow or rifle during the animal's season?
**2-As I'm scouting before season opens, can I get in some target practice in that environment, or does having my bow there imply that I'm hunting, meaning I can be ticketed or arrested if a Park Ranger sees me?**
3-In the NC gamelands map book, certain areas are designated "archery zone". Can these areas only be hunted during bow season, or are they the only place you can hunt during bow season? - See the difference in what I'm asking here?

I'm sure these all sound like no-brainers to most of you here, but I just don't want to ruin a weekend by getting a fine or going to jail over something I might do out of ignorance!
Thanks a lot, everyone. I hope ya'll get something out of the newbie questions I ask, maybe a quick review of the basics or recall of a fond memory from when you were new!