HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does using a compound bow make you a sissy?
Old 07-18-2006, 06:01 AM
GR8atta2d
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Does using a compound bow make you a sissy?

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

All depends on where you live, and how you want to hunt. These same guys that you are calling sissies could call you unethical because you could wound a deer easier with a bow. Who says hunting should be harder? I mean that's cool if you want it to be, but some just want to put game in the freezer and/or keep the population in check. And using a bow isn't always going to do that. If it's legal I say go for it. And always remember there are waay more gun hunters than bow hunters. Go a head and call them sissies and piss them off. Next thing you know there will not be a bow season for some stupid PC reason or another.

I personally don't think hitting a deer at 200 yards with a rifle is that much harder than hitting one at 20 yards with a bow. Other than you have to get the deer closer with the bow. But I don't see where that has anything to do with being a sissy or not.

Wrestle one to the ground and beat it to death with a rock, then I will be impressed.

I never like where these discussions end up eventually.

Paul
Good answer Paul, perhaps the best answer to this and many similar threads!
Why are we better than gun hunters?? I do both and don't feel ashamed or less manly to admit it. Why are we more hardcore? Because we have to get within 30 yards?
I Don't mean to purvey the attitude that either is harder or easier. But (please be honest here) when was the last time you stalked a whitetail through a marsh, or belly crawledthrough an openfield with your bow?
Most likely you sit in a tree, that maybe you scouted prior to the season, and wait for a deer to come by.
I guess my point is if your trying to prove your manliness go enter a toughman competition. Don't try to accomplish it in the field, your looking in the wrong place. And by the way . don't begrudge your fellow hunters method of pursuit. It's not manly or cool!