HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Does using a compound bow make you a sissy?
Old 07-18-2006, 05:32 AM
Sylvan
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Does using a compound bow make you a sissy?

ORIGINAL: BTM
No, sometimes it proves you are realistic. I can't pull back a 90# recurve, but I can pull back a 60# compound, which produces roughly the same energy (and momentum, in case somebody wants to go there).
Tell the 800# Alaskan brown bear I killed with my compound last month that I'm a sissy!
BTM,
From your response I can see you've given my question some thought so now I'm curious. You answered the question by saying that "sometimes it proves you are realisitic" [to think that the weapon a hunter chooses has something to do with his masculinity]. You indicate that you are not a "sissy" because you killed an 800 pound bear with a compound bow. So it seems that, in your mind, the weapon a hunter uses is indeed a reflection of his man hood. So given your thought process. Would you say you would be "less of a sissy" or in other words "more manly" had you killed the bear with traditional equipment? Would you be "less manly" and "more of a sissy" had you killed the bear with a cross bow? Does hunting with a rifle make you gay? If you're a woman would it make you a tom boy(or worse)to choose a recurve? Just trying to follow the logic.